This is a delicious version of stir fry. It’s great over noodles or rice and it is very healthy.
3 Cups Broccoli Florets, chopped
6 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Teaspoons Cumin Seeds
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice Powder
2 Small Leeks, thinly sliced
2 Small Carrot, cut into match sticks
8 Leaves Bok Choy, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
24 Snow Peas, stems removed
1 Cup Almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped almonds
Soy Sauce to Taste
1. Steam the broccoli over boiling water until tender but still bright green which takes about 4 minutes.
2. Set aside.
3. Heat a large wok over medium high heat.
4. Add the oil and when it is warm, add the garlic and 5 spice powder and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
5. Add the leek and carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes or until they soften.
6. Add the bok choy and stir fry for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
7. Add the snow peas and stir fry for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
8. Stir in the broccoli, soy sauce and 5 spice powder and stir fry for 2 minutes more or until heated through.
9. Serve immediately.