Taipei Express Charlotte
Beefy Chinese Dumplings
This is a fantastic recipe for beefy Chinese dumplings. It does take a little time and practice to get it right but once you do you’ll make them all the time. They are delicious served just as a side dish with warm soy sauce or perfect for adding to Chinese soups.
1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
2 Cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
1 Carrot, shredded
1 Yellow Onion, minced
2 Eggs, separated
1 Teaspoon White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Package Wonton Wrappers, (14 ounce)
1. Mix together the beef, cabbage, carrot, and onion in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the egg, sugar, salt, soy sauce, and vegetable oil.
3. Place a large teaspoonful of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.
4. Moisten the edges of a wonton with a small amount of egg.
5. Fold the wonton wrapper in half, and pinch the edges together to seal.
6. Create a ripple pattern along the pinched edge by pinching and gently pushing together small segments of it.
7. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
8. Boil the dumplings in water until they float to the top which takes about 5 minutes.